Thursday, August 7, 2008

Grandmother



Well as some of you know, my sweet Grandmother passed away suddenly about 3 weeks ago on July 10th. I am still in shock over it. She was healthy as a horse and had at least 10-15 years of good living and she just suddenly passed away at home. I have been living with her for the past 3 years now, and was going to continue living with her until I finished nursing school. She was not only my Grandmother, but my best friend. Through thick and thin, she was there for me. And I especially needed her, seeing as which all of my immediate family lives in Utah, and I don't have much in the way of friends down here in Alabama. I don't know if it is me or just the girls down here but I don't feel like I click into their clicks all that well. And besides that, I always had Grandmother, and so I didn't feel like I needed to really make all that much in the way of friends. My uncle describes me and my Grandmother as a couple of teenagers, always sneeking off and getting into trouble. And that is exactly how we were. We would go to the movies together, go shopping or just hang out at home and watch our favorite TV shows together. I still really can't believe that she is gone. I still have 3 more semester left of nursing school and now I am having to find a new place to live and a new job. What a 2 and a half years this has been. Since I have moved to Alabama, I have lost my Granddaddy, then 8 months later, I lost my Dad, and now my Grandmother. I know that God will only give you as much as you can handle, but here lately, I think that he is a bit over confident in me.

1 comment:

TtodaA said...

Hey, So sorry to hear about your loss. I don't even know you, but I feel that I stumbled upon your blog for a reason, so here goes.... Yes, life does seem to hand us a lot sometimes. Looking back years later, you will be amazed that you got through it, but know that you are stronger for it. I am a nurse, I work in the New Orleans area. Do not give up your dream of becoming a nurse, it will be an emotional struggle no doubt. My mom was starting her last semester of nursing school when Hurricane Katrina hit. Our area (as I am sure you are aware)was devastated. Her school (Charity School of Nursing) was opened the following semester. She didn't go back, emotionally she couldn't handle it yet....but she went the following semester and graduated at the age of 58! You will get through this....time heals.